Skip to content
Call for a quote 204-654-4900

Prevent

Carbon Monoxide

Poisoning

Carbon Monoxide is an odourless, colourless gas. It’s created when fuel burns, such as in boilers, hot water tanks, fireplaces and furnaces. If not properly cleaned, serviced and ventilated Carbon Monoxide can build up. This will make both people and animals sick and may be fatal.

We’re heating buildings with natural gas and spend more time indoors during the winter months. A neglected gas appliance can bring tragic consequences.

Property owners are responsible for proper maintenance of heating systems by a licenced technician in commercial buildings, office buildings, apartments, hotels and all occupied spaces. Manitoba Hydro and the Office of the Fire Commissioner recommend Annual Inspections and the installation of a Carbon Monoxide detector is the best defense against Carbon Monoxide poisoning.

Carbon Monoxide poisoning symptoms include: nausea, headaches and fatigue.

Should you suspect a problem,
turn off the gas appliance, open windows and doors,
then contact Hydro and your contractor.

Global Mechanical technicians are fully trained and licensed gas fitters and are qualified to thoroughly check and maintain all of your heating systems: gas furnaces, boilers, chimneys and unit heaters. We know how to detect and correct problems.

Call 204 654-4900 to inspect your gas fired equipment.

Resources:

Winnipeg Free Press - Dozens rushed to hospital after carbon monoxide leak at Winnipeg hotel.

CBC - 'Faint alarm' wakes couple in time to save them from carbon monoxide leak.